Long Time Lurker just Getting Started - Plumbing Question

Started by RickGrabowski, June 18, 2015, 05:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickGrabowski

Hello I am from upstate South Carolina, and a very long time lurker.  15+ years.  I have a set of plans, but kind of doing my own thing.  Permits pulled and building has begun.  I am on a very steep hill, so the plans have been modified to have a walk out basement with a concrete slab.  I have a quick question about under slab plumbing and the 3" pipe that has to go second floor.  Can I run this up through the sill plate in an exterior wall of the walk out basement?

Don_P

I'm assuming this is in the framed daylight wall, yes it can go through the top plates there. R602.6.1, If the plates are notched more than 50% you need to cover the notch with a 16 guage x 1-1/2" wide strap that gets back onto wood for at least 6" each side (just use a Simpson 2' strap from the rack at Lowes) with 8 nails at each end. If the entire side of the wall the notch is on is covered in ply or osb you don't need the strap, the ply is doing that job. If it can run up a chase in the side or back of the closet or something like that it might be easier