20x24 Log cabin with loft - built from white pines from our property

Started by Remington760-308, November 02, 2012, 06:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remington760-308

Finished up the siding and the door. Made wooden lock and handle...I will get better pic of handle and lock -I see it didn't show up very well...    Now the question is what color to stain corner/trim boards and what color to stain floor?

Huge29

Remington760-308

I have been working on roof rafters.... I used a program that figures out all the angles and birds mouth. I think I will be going with either an 8/12 or this 10/12  The ceiling height is about perfecton the 10/12 with 24" knee walls

Remington760-308

:-[ Tried going up to camp toady.. What a mistake. We where going to brush hog and move some logs around.  WE GOT SOO STUCK... Had to unload tractor to pull truck and trailer out. Then unhitch trailer and back it all the way down to the bottom of road then had to pull truck out. THEN RELOAD everything... I then back dragged the road too look new again..  ::) It looked very solid when we started up.... on the bright side we saw a black bear up there crossing the road.     I was going on my driveway condition. It has been dry for 2-3 weeks so I figured that the road up to camp would be alright...

Huge29

You may want to look into getting 1" gravel on  your road, not nearly as expensive as I had expected.  $500 delivered way up on the mountain for 25 tons, which is full belly dump load. 

Remington760-308

What you see in the picture is a class 6 road. I will probably use bank run gravel for my driveway... .. I just started for Pike. They are an asphalt plant. They have all kinds of material. Gonna be a long summer... Camp may have to wait alittle to get finished.

Remington760-308

Getting ready to FINALLY start digging for driveway and to put piers in.... Hopefully next weekend since my buddy is booked during the week days right now... CAN'T WAIT to get things started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus I have been putting in 55-60 hours during the week. not much time for anything else right now...

Talked to my buddy last night - it looks promising for next SAT.. :)

Remington760-308

:)Finally on the way!! We delivered cement blocks up this weekend... very wet... won't stop raining.... >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(It even snowed while up there today...  We are going to start the drive way next Friday...  [cool]    retrieved my camera that i had up there for about a month.. had a few friends on it....black bear..moose /deer  can any body see the second deer in the picture...

Remington760-308

:) :) :) :)6:00 have to meet my friend with excavator to go to start the driveway...  i will have a few pictures this weekend...  c*

Remington760-308

We FINALLY started ;D ;D ;DThe first 50' was a little steep. We brought it down about 16" so we could back up the hill with the loaded trucks. We cleared all the rocks and a few stumps..OOPS track came off.. had to do a little Farmers rigging to get it back on... we stuck pieces of tree limbs into sprocket to fill it up and the spun the track ad push/pulled on track and PRESTO track back onMy son and I were doing a little trimming on the sides and found this Chick A dee nest... I am glad we didn't disturb them...We improved the road every trip in with bank run gravel and some 1.5-2" stones to fill in the wash outs... We kept hitting the edge of this little rock/ we didn't want to cut a truck tire so we decided to dig it out... WELL another mistake...  TOO BIG to remove and fill back in so we got it out of the hole and dug down a foot or so and just put it back.. Won't see this one for a decade or two When we finally got this rock/boulder back in and back filled it down poured and the wind picked up.. We had a long haul home down trees and power lines.... ::)

Remington760-308

Platform loaded on trailer and 5 rows of logs.... Gonna deliver to property this week and hopefully get set on piers... :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)Been really hectic lately==== ballgames,,, bike rally=== goose rock beach=== new job(65hours)more ball games = whew

Remington760-308

RAIN RAIN GO AWAY SO I AN WORK ON MY DRIVEWAY!!!   The bottom of the camp is delivered up north.  Waiting on driveway to be finished...... contractor was going to work on it this week end....  [cool]

Remington760-308

Drive way is 1/2 done. will be finished this coming week - then the real fun begins......   pictures to follow from then on out.

Remington760-308

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Well it has been a long wait... Been working 70-80 hours a week. not much time to do any  work on camp.... We are going to hopefully finish driveway and set blocks and platforms this weekend...

Remington760-308

:) We got the outhouse in 2 weekends ago.Dug and set concrete piers to set pre-made platforms on.Glad  I have some great friends. Started setting the first courses In 2 days we had the walls screwed together up to the bottom of the second floor...Septic storage tank installed ..... He is always thinking .....

Remington760-308

We have a few friendly neighbors...We also had a moose and deer go across the lawn.... Lots of excavating to get the water to flow the right direction.... not under the camp... Rained over 2" on friday... talk about muddy   need grass...

Remington760-308

We got the floor joists in today and we worked on the front deck. 3/4 done on the deck.... Waiting on the T&G flooring to be finished being milled.... should be done this week ;D ;D ;DThe second floor main beam...

Remington760-308

MORE ------- RAIN just can't get a break in the weather.... We did finish deck today and installed the interior stairs to the 2nd floor.... thought they came out great.... THANKS RYAN AND STEPH for all the hard work..... GREAT FRIENDS ARE HARD TOO COME BY!

Remington760-308

Headed to camp to work on the second floor and roof rafters.... Hope we get that far.   it's been dry all week hopefully we can get the lawn raked and seeded. Maybe some windows too.....

Remington760-308

Remington760-308

The next weekend we got the floor plywooded. Gabriel ends done and the rafters up- all but the very outside ones.https://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u635/Remington760-308/20130929_151540_zpsa23fccb3.jpg[/img][/URL] We had too take a wheeler break- we went up to the top of Cree Notch to look out over Fish Pond..... what a nice day for that..

Remington760-308

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I went up saturday and built the front door. Installed shower and toilet.  Didn't get them plumbed yet. Framed walls for bathroom.

Remington760-308

My son and I went back up sunday and checked on the hole i dug for a spring and we had 2' of water... in a 4' hole  not too bad since we have not had any rain for a week and a half.. We cut the rafter tails to length. We then installed  some cedar posts that a friend cut off his property at Maidstone Lake.Thanks Nick!!!! Put header up and mortised in the rafters..... cleaned up and left by 3:30 

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Remington760-308

I am hoping that the weather holds for a couple of more weeks so I can get the roof on. Ordered Crimson Red roofing today will be in by friday and the T&G will be ready too..... Just gonna need time and a little corp. with the weather lady  LOL