The "Well"

Started by StinkerBell, May 04, 2006, 12:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StinkerBell

Well well well...... ;)

Just sent off the check to the drillers.
By summers end we should have Well, Electrical (have that now), and septic done (perked bt now have to submit plans and build.

Amanda_931

Oh, that kind of well.  (there is--or was--an internet community by that name)

Have fun.

For some reason I think I'd rather do almost anything (not root canals, or even crown preparations without lots of dope) than have a well drilled.

Even though they're usually pretty straightforward around here.

glenn-k

I drilled about 300 of them - give or take a few -- the old method - cable tool.  I still have my license but not the desire.

rwalter

Well, Good luck!

No pun intended. My well will hopefull be dug next week as well. My electric service is in already and I hope to have the cabin ready for drywall by the winter time.

StinkerBell

QuoteWell, Good luck!

No pun intended. My well will hopefull be dug next week as well. My electric service is in already and I hope to have the cabin ready for drywall by the winter time.
What general area of the country are you building in?

Texan_lost_in_cali

Anyone ever dug their own well? Maybe one of those "deeprock" type wells?

Mommymem

IIRC my father in law just had to redig his well and did it by hand last yr or so. Their well is located in their basement. Perhaps Daddymem can give the details on how deep it is etc..

Daddymem

He drove his well...but the water is only 20ish feet down in sand around here.

StinkerBell

Ok we are on stand by........The"WELL" people came out and assesed the site and are moving forward.

Had a great weekend out on the property. Plugged my hair dryer into the the powerpole, it was a wonderful moment lol.

Next is submitting the septic design and by september at the very least we have power, water and a septic.

glenn-k

Good Job, Stinkerbell - progress and dry hair.  What more could a girl ask? :)

StinkerBell

QuoteGood Job, Stinkerbell - progress and dry hair.  What more could a girl ask? :)
A seasoned man would never ask such a rookie question....LOL!

glenn-k

I'm gonna leave that alone, Stinkerbell.  I'm trying to be good. :)

I know that when I go to a motel when working out of town the first thing Kathy asks on the phone, I assume to judge the quality of my accomodations --is "Do they have a hair dryer".

I have to admit that the thought never even crosses my mind. :-/

Sassy

To give you an idea how far from his mind a hair dryer is... I had to teach him how to hold the hand mirror & stand with his back to the big mirror to look at the back of his head!   :-/

StinkerBell

QuoteI'm gonna leave that alone, Stinkerbell.  I'm trying to be good. :)

I know that when I go to a motel when working out of town the first thing Kathy asks on the phone, I assume to judge the quality of my accomodations --is "Do they have a hair dryer".

I have to admit that the thought never even crosses my mind. :-/

Oh geeze I was attempting to tease you a tad ,my apologies.

glenn-k

No apology necessary --I thought it was pretty funny. ;D

It's just that I'm quite good at opening my mouth and sticking my foot in it. :)

peg_688

QuoteTo give you an idea how far from his mind a hair dryer is... I had to teach him how to hold the hand mirror & stand with his back to the big mirror to look at the back of his head!   :-/

And I'm wondering WHY a man needs to learn this   :-/ :-/::) ::) ::) ;D

I think I'd get dizzy and have to sit a spell, if I tried ;)

PEG

glenn-k

bil2054

How far from my mind is proper hair dryer technique?  About the same distance as any hair! [smiley=wink.gif]

My dear house mate, on the other hand, is champing at the bit about when her well and power will be completed, vs. the arrival of her modular.  I think it is a little bit one of those "Viva la difference" things.
I have some trepidation about her visiting me in AZ, because when it comes to water discipline and shampooing, the two things don't belong on the same page! [smiley=wink.gif]

StinkerBell

Fogel Well called me Friday to tell me they will be drilling this Tuesday.

glenn-k

That's cool, Stinkerbell.  Better get your hair dryer ready. :)

StinkerBell

This has been miserable! >:(

Tuesday afternoons cal was...We got 40' down and it went at a curve. Can we move the Well to a different spot? "sure"

Yesterday afternoon got a call. Wedid not spend any of your money today but the drill has an issue and we sent our guy to spokane to pick up a part.

Today no call but I cannot help  thinking that the "curve" issue was due to their drill being on the brink of breaking. My budget was for200 feet total and that 40 feet is almost 25%of my budget.

/rant off..

Thanks all I feel better that I got to rant a bit.

StinkerBell

wooohoooooooo!

We struck water! At 100 feet down.

We are getting 20 gallons a minute (I was told this is good)

glenn-k

That is great, Stinkerbell.  20 gpm = 1200 gallons per hour or 12000 in 10 hours.

We have 1 gallon per minute or 60 gallons per hour and we get by fine.  

Good deal. :)

Amanda_931

Daddymem

For another perspective...a 1/2" garden hose runs about 5 gpm as a rule of thumb estimate.