Our house in Ms.

Started by glocksrus, August 09, 2009, 03:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glocksrus

trying this pic of our house in south Ms.

glocksrus

this is our little house in Ms. It's 30 x 24 two bed one bath. It was built when we bought it, but we have just about finished remodeling. We added central heat & air, moved walls , added closets and  alot more. I'll try and post some before and after pics.

TexstarJim

Nice looking house, thanks for sharing.  What are the diminsions and what is the pitch off the roof?  Do you have pics during construction?

Note:  Owner posted this info while I was typing up this reply, sorry.....
Rule #1: "Don't sweat the small stuff"
Rule #2: "It's all small stuff"

glocksrus

Not sure about the pitch, I never checked, but its steep. We(me and the wife) have totalty gutted the interior and redone everything. All we have left is the bathroom. We done every thing from the central heat to the hardwood floor, and couldn't be happier.

glocksrus

This is it from the back yard, we were cuting some more of the pines from the yard. I think I have cut about 15 trees since we moved here. We are the last house on a dead end road. The yard slopes off to the neighbor's pond. It's so quite here you forget you have neighbors must of the time.

glocksrus

The other building in the last pic is my shop. I'll post of pics of it later.

Redoverfarm

Some transformation.  Thanks for sharing. Juust how far south in Ms are you.

glocksrus

FAR- we're in Laurel, about an hour from the coast. And thanks. We love this place, it's been trying a times but we have about got it. The week before Thanksgiving we tore every thing out in the kitchen and living room, down to the studs and started over. We did al the work ourselves and for cash as we went.

trish2

Looks wonderful; very tastefully done. HGTV would be s-o-o proud of you!! :)

glocksrus

Thanks guys. We've worked very hard on the place. I'll try and get some bedroom pics up soon.

glocksrus

This is our bedroom. The TV is inset into the wall and the closet is 45ed  across the corner of the room.

glocksrus

So the bathroom is next. Any ideas what to use on the walls? We don't want sheetrock but don't know what to use. We put the beaded ply on over sheetrock on the exterior walls in the living room and kitchen but worry about it in the bath.  What have you guys used?

MountainDon

Tile is hard to beat for a bathroom. You can also find FRP (fiberglass reinforced panels) for wet area use... thin stuff you glue over a backer like Hardie backerboard. Then it's all water resistant too
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

rick91351

I have used Hardie backer in several bath / shower areas and have really grown to like it.

rlr   
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.