The Boomerang Effect

Started by IronRanger, June 23, 2009, 12:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn kangiser

Sassy made a point....

On the bottom of the chart the words "Conspiracy Theories" needs to be realized as being mostly recognition of conspiracies and corruption in high places - cover ups - government trickery for political and corporate profit as well as twisting and use of the system for that profit, power and manipulation of the citizens (lower and middle class).

On the top of the chart we need to add:

The ability to close ones eyes and ignore corruption to lull ourselves into a false Utopian reality.  The ability to ignore facts and real questions into government fabricated events to sway the people into following the leaders into a path of destruction around the world for power and profit.

The losses of the real freedom this country was built on are actually being voluntarily given up to the last two Supreme Court installed governments by those who will not look at the crime and manipulation being committed and by the unrestricted power of the "person illegally installed" as President - the current and last White House resident.  

Their unrestricted signing orders are voluntarily accepted by the brainwashed masses without regard to the fact that the founding fathers put limits that were not to be usurped in the Constitution.  The Constitution does not allow this type of unchecked power.

These orders are not from a legal power limited president of the United States and therefore are invalid as well as illegal.....and yet we continue to allow it to happen and we close our eyes believing we are still in the same country our founding fathers created for us.

No... open your eyes.... it has been stolen and continues to be stolen as we close our eyes and look the other way.  

Goodbye, America the Beautiful.... goodbye to the Greatest Country In The World, the one my ancestors pioneered.  

So sorry for your abduction and destruction at the hands of the criminals who have taken over the highest offices and financial centers.  So sorry to watch the theft of the retirement of the elderly in the planned obfuscation of their investments.

So sorry to have to just sit here and watch you die as throngs wander around your deathbed like medicated zombies still believing in a miracle if they only look the other way and don't think about it, seemingly powerless and without a plan to stop the ones administering your slow dose of hemlock.

I will make plans for me, my family, my friends and my own who are not afraid to look and make the best preparations we can for our own futures.  

Sorry for those who cannot and will not see. :(
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Sassy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Bernays

Watch the video  "Century of Self"   http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8953172273825999151&ei=8FBGSuubIJ-QrAPTxrTEBg&q=century+of+self+part+1&hl=en&client=firefox-a

I've posted this before, it's a great documentary of the "Father of Advertising" Edward Bernays & how advertising, propaganda & such influence a person's mind & thoughts.  I've posted this before, but worth watching again.

I don't know exactly how John meant that people are "hard wired" one way or the other, but I have been a lifetime conservative, Christian right winger, if that's how you want to describe my political leanings.  I have never voted for a democrat.  Yet, with all that has happened starting with 9-11, my world view has virtually made an about face on how I view our politicians & gov't leaders.  If those leaders are anything like a lot of those who are in management/supervisory positions at my hospital, no wonder the gov't is in such a mess.  I constantly see how numbers are manipulated to get the desired results, I see how whistleblowers are blackballed - in fact, there is now a zero tolerance for "attitude!!!"  That means if you question or argue with your supervisor about something (when you can clearly see they are in the wrong or don't have complete knowledge of a situation) you can be fired on the spot!!!  So much for free speech, individuality, "shared governance" a term so many companies like to spout off about.  I work in a microcosm of the federal gov't.  It's total whitewashing & propaganda!

Through diligent study, searching, looking at the facts, looking for TRUTH, I can no longer close my eyes to the real evil that is going on.  Not as a Christian and not as a citizen of my beloved United States of America.  It would be treason to keep my mouth shut to the atrocities & treasonous actions those in power have taken to destroy our gov't.  

They just shoved through the "Cap & Trade" environment energy tax, for crying out loud.  The continued bailouts, the secrecy of & continued criminal acts of the Federal Reserve, the amnesty of illegal aliens, the crack down on "religious speech" and all the political correctness.  Our whole society has changed enormously since 9-11.  You have the Patriot Acts, posse comitatus has been taken off the books, habeas corpus is destroyed, Obama is just carrying on the legacy that papa Bush, Clinton & Bush Jr started - actually, as John said, we've always had those in power that will hold onto that power however they have to do it.  We saw it in Rome & countless other societies...  what makes the leaders of the USA any different?  All of a sudden they're upstanding, honest, humble, caring people?  Hey, they didn't get where they're at by being upstanding, honest, humble & caring.  In order to get to where they're at, they have to manipulate & step on people & on the way up they owe a lot of favors.  

I know everyone who is a part of this conversation knows all this, but step back, honestly look at things, don't be afraid, & for crying out loud, there have always been "conspiracies" in gov't, in society, even the Bible talks about about conspiracies.  Calling someone a "conspiracy theorist" doesn't make the conspiracy go away!  
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

muldoon

The problem I have with conspiracy theories is that they always revolve around some unknown "they".  Some faceless power wielding group who is untouchable.  It maybe the masons, or the cia, or the vatican, or fill in the blank with all the ones you have heard about.  I simply dont accept that as the case. 

I understand the desire to make yourself feel helpless in that what can you do, and they are doing things and we are without recourse.  It removes the responsibility from ourselves and makes us powerless.  In my opinion, it is a guilt reflex.  If you remove your actions from the equations you can blame some faceless entity that may or may not exist for the worlds troubles.  If you analyze facts and force for investigations - blame can be assigned and handed out. 

I'll give a few examples.  Back in March who remembers the story of senator Dodd?  He was called out as the entity that demanded the bailout include the language for the 165million in bonuses for AIG.  He denied it on camera, saying no not me, no intent to to do that.  The next day when proof was provided - he backtracked and admitted he did add the language.  Nothing else happened, some snide comments on the daily show - thats it.  HE is personally responsible, not some dark entity beyond reproach.  We do not have to accept some cabal met secretly and influenced him; he openly admitted it and laughed about it. 

Yesterday the Cap and trade bill passed the house of representatives.  It was 1500 pages long, some 300 pages added in the last few hours.  There is no way the reps could have read it but it passed anyway.  The people responsible, go see - http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/111/house/1/votes/477/

It's not any bank CEOs on that list, it's your representatives.  What did you personally do yesterday to stop this?  Who called ?  pipe up, who visited the offices of the critters?  And who did nothing- but took a "what can you do?" stance and just accepted it.  We as a populace have EXACTLY the government we deserve and blaming some CIA members for it is rediculous. 

No one wants to talk about real problems, always some unknown dark evil entity driving things.  I call bullshit on it and flatly reject it.   Their are real targets to direct that energy to.  Ben Bernanke was in hearings on Thursday, did anyone watch that? 
http://www.c-span.org/Watch/Media/2009/06/25/HP/A/20148/House+Hearing+with+Fed+Chair+Bernanke+on+Bank+of+AmericaMerrill+Lynch+Merger.aspx

Did anyone catch his comments?  He openly admitted to outright lawbreaking.  He admitted to purchasing assets during last year.  The Federal Reserve Act of 1913 does not provide that ability to the Fed, they are allowed to LOAN against collateral - their is no provision to purchase.  Until someone wants to focus on law and enforcement - there can be no recourse.   Some good stuff in there from Isiss, Capture and Kuccinich also.  Too bad none of that made the news... 

Take the GM case; Obama personally got involved and completely rejected the rule of law regarding the provisions of bankruptcy.  In corporate bankruptcy there are "tiers" of debt holders.  First are senior bondholders - in liquidation they are repaid, then other creditors (employees), then stock holders.  That was scrapped and the unions got funded while the bond holders were forced to take a 10 cents on the dolar agreement.  Tell me what do you think that does to every company selling bonds today.   The bondholder receives a low rate of return due to perceived low rate of risk.  The risk percentage has changed as the rule of law is destroyed and this confidence is destroyed.  The rate of return now MUST be higher to draw debt purchasers in.  This is not some evil plan perpetrated by some unknown entity - they announced it on the damn news and everyone cheered. 

Anyway, I got off target.  I do have my eyes open.  I am not asleep.  I am not a sheep.  I am quite aware that criminals are running this country.  However I do not accept that we are powerless and that it is some unknown "they". 

That is my problem with conspiracy theories. 

Sassy

Muldoon, I don't think anyone was saying they felt powerless to do anything about what's going on.  That is one of the reasons I, for one, do read lots of news, do research, have read books - to inform myself.  We don't have TV so can't watch C-span.  I call & write/email my congress people almost on a daily basis.  I try to educate & inform others.

Labeling something a "conspiracy" does a disservice to the very fact gathering that many people are doing, the whistle-blowing, those trying to intervene in the criminal acts & put a stop to it.  

glenn kangiser

I do not believe you have your eyes closed, muldoon.  To the contrary, you are one who sees things that are going on.

I agree it is a known they.  

I do not believe it is a theory.

"The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists." J. Edgar Hoover

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Sassy

Did anyone catch his comments?  He openly admitted to outright lawbreaking.  He admitted to purchasing assets during last year.  The Federal Reserve Act of 1913 does not provide that ability to the Fed, they are allowed to LOAN against collateral - their is no provision to purchase.  Until someone wants to focus on law and enforcement - there can be no recourse.   Some good stuff in there from Isiss, Capture and Kuccinich also.  Too bad none of that made the news...

Has the Federal Reserve ever been audited?  There's a bill out to do just that - Ron Paul sponsored it & over 200 representatives have signed on to it HR 1207 - 245

http://www.dailypaul.com/

http://www.thomas.gov/

http://www.givemeliberty.org/

http://www.numbersusa.org/index.php

there's many more informational/action sites people can get involved with - these are some that I read.

MountainDon

Quote from: muldoon on June 27, 2009, 01:24:11 PM

.....Anyway, I got off target.  I do have my eyes open.  I am not asleep.  I am not a sheep.  I am quite aware that criminals are running this country.  However I do not accept that we are powerless and that it is some unknown "they". 

That is my problem with conspiracy theories. 

Your whole post was very well stated, muldoon. [applause smiley goes here]  :D
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

ScottA

I agree. Good post muldoon. We may know where our energies and concerns need to be directed but no practical way of doing so. You can scream until they shut you up but there's little point to that. Unless and until there is a way to enforce the real laws we are stuck. Calling people conspiracy theorists is just a way of discrediting those who are screaming the loudest and in effect shutting them up by getting them ignored. It is to the point now that you could have pictures, recordings and 100 witnesses and have the law books opened to the pages showing the laws broken and they'd still call you a conspiricy theorist.  d*

Windpower

Thanks Glenn and Sassy your posts are right on target

con⋅spir⋅a⋅cy  /kənˈspɪrəsi/  Show Spelled Pronunciation [kuhn-spir-uh-see]  Show IPA
Use conspiracy in a Sentence
–noun, plural -cies. 1. the act of conspiring.
2. an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.
3. a combination of persons for a secret, unlawful, or evil purpose: He joined the conspiracy to overthrow the government.  
4. Law. an agreement by two or more persons to commit a crime, fraud, or other wrongful act.
5. any concurrence in action; combination in bringing about a given result.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the 70's if you talked about 'secret' organizations such as "Counsel on Foreign Relations" wielding political power you were called a nut case or worse a conspiracy theorist

there was/is nothing theoretical about the organization or their immense influence

The same goes for the Trilateral Commision -- 'that doesn't exist'

or the Builderbergers

Tell me, why would these powerful people meet in secret if it were not to further their own interests ?

Why the secrecy ?

Listen to JFK's speech to the American Newspaper Publishers -- yes, he uses the very word conspiracy

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&q=Pat%20Quinn&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#q=jfk+speech+tothe+American+Newspapaer&hl=en&emb=0

Listen to Eisenhowers prophetic speech on the 'military industrial complex.' He is clearly talking about a conspiracy of powerful people and companies

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&q=Pat%20Quinn&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#q=eisenhower+farewell+address&hl=en&emb=0

Contact your congress person

XXXXXXXX  ED: unneeded descriptive word removed. No other deletions made. See terms of use... "You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material ......"  MD

Yes I have writtten and called my congress people ---they LIE (big surprise huh) it is a waste of time

Muldoon, Don, (if you were so inclined) do you really think you could get elected to Congress without the blessings of the party bosses

If by some miracle (as happened here in IL a half way decent man ends in as governor (P Quinn) because of Blago's crimes) he is grid locked by the bought and payed for legislature

Sadly I think the only way out is revolution -- and I am too old to participate in that

Next best thing for me is to stop peddling the treadmill for the criminals

Want to know how that financial situation got were it is today

It was orchestrated by on purpose by Alan 'Easy money' Greenspan and the banksters in Switzerland  

http://brucewiseman.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51:look-behind-the-wizards-curtain&catid=34:finance&Itemid=27

http://brucewiseman.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=58:hitlers-bank-goes-global&catid=34:finance&Itemid=27

http://brucewiseman.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=59:the-financial-crisis-the-hidden-beginning&catid=34:finance&Itemid=27

Aaron Russo

Nick Rockefller to Aaron 11 months before 911 that there was going to be a warr on terror

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nD7dbkkBIA&feature=player_embedded

George Carlin

About the owners of this country

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&q=Pat%20Quinn&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#q=Carlin+who+owns+you&hl=en&emb=0

just another conspiracy theory I guess
Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.

Windpower

Quote from: rwanders on June 24, 2009, 01:59:42 PM
I call George W. and JFK "Presidents of the United States"

I noted my opinion of Windpower's and IronRanger's belief system as being "disbelief and amusement".  I freely admit I do not "get it"-----in turn they do not "get" my viewpoint. They will not convince me----I will not convince them. I will not try to and I will also resist the temptation to repeat the old saying about wrestling with pigs.

Then I will refrain from quoting Mattew 7:6

MountainDon

I actually read one of Bruce Wiseman's books a number of years ago. I was not impressed with his take on things... the subject was Psychiatry. But we are all entitled to our own opinions and thoughts.

I have seldom seriously thought of running for public office. I have no idea how I would fare in that arena. Maybe I'm selfish in my own way; I could not commit to the amount of time it would take from my personal life, from things I really enjoy, not to mention the time away from home when one speaks of congress.

I do count a small number of current and former elected officials among my friends and acquaintances. These are local and state government folks, not federal congress critters. For the most part they are hardworking honest folks. There are plenty who I find simply disagreeable all the way through to dishonest though; I just don't know any of them personally.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

rwanders

I don't begrudge those who see conspiracies everywhere their beliefs---I am sure most are sincere. Mostly, I feel sorry and concerned for someone who lives in such a dark world, for someone who seems to feel so impotent, for those who feel their lives are controlled by dark and secret forces. It must be a scarey world to live in----or perhaps not  ---perhaps it is comforting to believe everything is controlled by evil and mysterious "others" -----it's a great way to avoid taking personal responsibility for their own lives, their communities and their countries. 
Rwanders lived in Southcentral Alaska since 1967
Now lives in St Augustine, Florida

MountainDon

Quote from: rwanders on June 27, 2009, 11:30:50 PM
I don't begrudge those who see conspiracies everywhere their beliefs---I am sure most are sincere. Mostly, I feel sorry and concerned for someone who lives in such a dark world, for someone who seems to feel so impotent, for those who feel their lives are controlled by dark and secret forces. It must be a scarey world to live in----or perhaps not  ---perhaps it is comforting to believe everything is controlled by evil and mysterious "others" -----it's a great way to avoid taking personal responsibility for their own lives, their communities and their countries.  

I wish I had said all that as it encompasses the way a lot of my thoughts run.   8)  It's one of the themes that come up in a number of psychology books I've read.

... off to the hills, er mountains, in the AM. Back later...

glenn kangiser

Not scary at all.  It takes much more courage to keep your eyes open to what is being done for money and power, and to keep from being blindsided when things fall apart.

What is sad is watching the blind and oblivious continue to deceive themselves into believing everything is just fine and dandy like Germany in the late 30's.

MountainDon

ScottA

I try not to let it get me down. I keep going like always in the hope somehow things will work out. Strangely they usually do. But it doesn't hurt to be prepared.

Sassy

We live in exciting times - in many ways things are better than they ever have been...  it's difficult to see our society being pulled apart & destroyed.  I kinda like our way of life here in the USA - too bad all that is changing...  but, hey, isn't "change" what the majority of the people voted for & Obama promised?   d*  only thing is, he's just as much a puppet as the previous leaders...  

MtnDon, I've never read any books by that author, that I can remember.  Have you read The Story of Civilization by Will Durant?  

BTW, my trust is in Christ my Savior, so if God is for me, who can be against me?  (Romans 8:31)  The Bible also admonishes us to warn others lest they perish in their ignorance or sin - that their blood won't be on our heads (Ezekiel 3:20)  So, while my ultimate home is not of the world, I am to occupy until His return.  He created this world & the people in it & we are to love one another & take care of His creation.  Tall order, sometimes  ::)

MountainDon

Quote from: Sassy on June 28, 2009, 12:59:52 AM

MtnDon, ..... Have you read The Story of Civilization by Will Durant?  

No, the 11 volumes are a bit intimidating

Sassy

The one volume The Lessons of History is supposed to be pretty good.  One of the teachers at my church mentioned some of Will Durant's writings, sounded interesting but, as you stated, eleven volumes is a bit intimidating... 

MountainDon

Our local library has 10 of the 11 volumes. Next time I'm back in town I'll have to check into it.

rwanders

I've read all 11 volumes at least twice------a great panorama of history though somewhat abridged. I find the histories of the myriad times we humans have got ourselves into dire straits and somehow still surviving and actually rising from our self-made ashes comforting. 
Rwanders lived in Southcentral Alaska since 1967
Now lives in St Augustine, Florida

Windpower

"I actually read one of Bruce Wiseman's books a number of years ago. I was not impressed with his take on things... the subject was Psychiatry. But we are all entitled to our own opinions and thoughts."

what on earth does this have to do with the articles sited ?!?!?!

oh, I get it, another ad hominem attack   ::)

OK Don, google "Basel I" and "Basel II" and read the origial docs from BIS if you don't like Bruce Wiseman's 'take on things'.

Bruce Wiseman's Bio

Bruce Wiseman is a financial adviser, market research executive, and author and creator of the Tom McKenna series of detective novels. 

He has been a senior credit officer with banks in the San Francisco Bay Area and Beverly Hills, California. He is the co-founder of a company that oversees the business and financial affairs of some of the biggest names in Hollywood.

He writes and speaks on matters of international finance and banking with particular attention to the oppressive activities of the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank.

Bruce has also been an advisor and consultant to countless corporate executives and government leaders on the subject of market research, branding and positioning.

He writes a market research newsletter, Response, hailed as "brilliant" by Al Ries, the Godfather of positioning, and has written on the subject of market research and positioning for such publications as Government Technology and Hotel and Motel Management.

He is also a published fiction author under the pen name, John Truman Wolfe (www.johntrumanwolfe.com) . Bruce holds a Masters Degree with Honors from the California State University at San Jose and is the former Chairman of the Department of History at John F. Kennedy

muldoon

I resorted to a crappy personal attack and I am sorry, this post has been edited to remove it.  There are better ways to have a discussion, especially when we disagree.  My humblest apologies to windpower and the rest of the forum. 

IronRanger

QuoteCIA Crucified Captive In Abu Ghraib Prison

The Central Intelligence Agency crucified a prisoner in Abu Ghraib prison near Baghdad, according to a report published in The New Yorker magazine.

"A forensic examiner found that he (the prisoner) had essentially been crucified; he died from asphyxiation after having been hung by his arms, in a hood, and suffering broken ribs," the magazine's Jane Mayer writes in the magazine's June 22nd issue. "Military pathologists classified the case a homicide." The date of the murder was not given.

"No criminal charges have ever been brought against any C.I.A. officer involved in the torture program, despite the fact that at least three prisoners interrogated by agency personnel died as a result of mistreatment," Mayer notes.

An earlier report, by John Hendren in The Los Angeles Times, indicated other torture killings. And Human Rights First says nearly 100 detainees have died in U.S. custody in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Hendren reported that one Manadel Jamadi died "of blunt-force injuries" complicated by "compromised respiration" at Abu Ghraib prison "while he was with Navy SEALs and other special operations troops." Another victim, Abdul Jaleel, died while gagged and shackled to a cell door with his hands over his head." Yet another prisoner, Maj. Gen. Abid Mowhosh, former commander of Iraq's air defenses, "died of asphyxiation due to smothering and chest compression" in Qaim, Iraq.

"There is no question that U.S. interrogations have resulted in deaths," says Anthony Romero, executive director of the ACLU. "High-ranking officials who knew about the torture and sat on their hands and those who created and endorsed these policies must be held accountable. America must stop putting its head in the sand and deal with the torture scandal." At least scores of detainees in U.S. custody have died and homicide is suspected. As far back as May, 2004, the Pentagon conceded at least 37 deaths of prisoners in its custody in Iraq and Afghanistan had prompted investigations.

Nathaniel Raymond, of Physicians for Human Rights, told The New Yorker, "We still don't know how many detainees were in the black sites, or who they were. We don't fully know the White House's role, or the C.I.A.'s role. We need a full accounting, especially as it relates to health professionals."

Recently released Justice memos, he noted, contain numerous references to CIA medical personnel participating in coercive interrogation sessions. "They were the designers, the legitimizers, and the implementers," Raymond said. "This is arguably the single greatest medical-ethics scandal in American history. We need answers."

The ACLU obtained its information from the Pentagon through a Freedom of Information suit. Documents received included 44 autopsies and death reports as well as a summary of autopsy reports of people seized in Iraq and Afghanistan. An ACLU statement noted, "This covers just a fraction of the total number of Iraqis and Afghanis who have died while in U.S. custody." (Italics added).

Torture by the CIA has been facilitated by the Agency's ability to hide prisoners in "black sites" kept secret from the Red Cross, to hold prisoners off the books, and to detain them for years without bringing charges or providing them with lawyers.

Kenneth Roth, executive director of Human Rights Watch, denounced the Obama administration for considering "prevention detention," The New Yorker's Mayer wrote. Roth said this tactic "mimics the Bush Administration's abusive approach."

From all indications, CIA Director Panetta has no intention of bringing to justice CIA officials involved in the systematic torture of prisoners. Panetta told Mayer, "I'm going to give people the benefit of the doubt...If they do the job that they're paid to do, I can't ask for a hell of a lot more."

Such sentiments differ markedly from those Panetta wrote in an article published last year in the January Washington Monthly: "We either believe in the dignity of the individual, the rule of law, and the prohibition of cruel and unusual punishment, or we don't. There is no middle ground."

One way to discern who really runs a country is to look to see which individuals, if any, are above the law. In the Obama administration, like its predecessors, they include the employees of the CIA. Crucifixions they execute in the Middle East differ from those reported in the New Testament in at least one important respect: Jesus Christ had a trial.

28 June 2009

(Sherwood Ross formerly reported for major dailies and wire services. To contact him or contribute to his Anti-War News Service: sherwoodr1@yahoo.com)

http://www.legitgov.org/ross_cia_crucified_suspect_280609.html
"They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as authority"- G.Massey

"Freedom is just Chaos, with better lighting." - Alan Dean Foster

IronRanger

The CIA in Latin America

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB27/index.html

Contains links to de-classified documents.

"They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as authority"- G.Massey

"Freedom is just Chaos, with better lighting." - Alan Dean Foster