Re: 20 x 24 Cottage (updated with interior pics)

Started by Rob72, March 21, 2007, 11:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob72

Beautiful job on the cabin!  Drywall is a pain to install and finish, but the contrast of it with the wood looks awesome.  Very nice selection on your hardwood.  Looks great with the woodwork and stairs.  I found a site last year that follows the progress of a couple building a log cabin in interior Alaska.  They also followed this concept on their staircase, but went with a more rustic look.  Check it out.

http://www.alaskaantlerworks.com/Alaska_cabin_page6.htm

Fantastic job!   :o ;)

Jochen

Chuck,

Thanks for the reminder. Yes the video was very helpful and I don't regret that I bought it.

Jochen

Jochen

It's time to move in :) Kitchen cabinets and staircase are now completed. We used 2 x 4/6 kiln dried wood to mill the profiles for the doors. I can already smell the coffee ;)
Jochen

glenn-k

jraabe

What can I say after I say, WOW!  :o

Creative craftsmanship in spades!

Very nice work. A place for the ages...

AAA-DAY

Jochen, your place is fabulous! That is an awesome stairway, did you make the kitchen cabinets yourself? If so, how did you do it, I absolutely love your interior shots, especially the tile on the floor of the kitchen. What did you use for that? Sorry about all the questions, I just love what you have done. Are you going to post more? I hope so!!!

peg_688

Very nice Jochen , Accuride slides or knock off Sterlings ??  I like KV same style I just like the release mechanism on the KV 's .

Very nice attention to details all around  8-) Lots of Pine  ::)

So where the mistakes  ;D  

Pala

Beautimus!!

You must be stoked!!

thanx for the photos,
chuck.

Sassy

Gorgeous!  Keep posting more pics!  I love it  8-)

deertracks

You should be so proud of that great custom craftsmanship.
Thanks for posting the pictures. Enjoy all your hard work now.

HaydensMom

I am really loving your new pictures, they are great. I love everything espeically the different colored tile on the floors. You must be so happy with the progress!!! Your home is very beautiful I can't wait to see more pictures, keep them coming. I am stealing ideas for my future home..........LOL ;) So thanks in advance!!!

hobbiest

Aw, come on PEG, you know none of us like to show the mistakes!  Awesome work, you should be very proud.  How about some exterior photos?

C.White

Wow, that's inspiring.  Love all the detail along with everyone else, and the tile floor is sensational.  
More pictures please!
Christina

karnf

I have to say Chuck this is by far the nicest interior cabin I have seen. Do you you have more
interior pictures of the inside cabin such as a full shot of living room or just when you open the
door and walk in. Its hard to get an idea of how the cabin is laid out. Do you also have exterior
pictures? I have seen larger cabins on this site that don't even come close to getting that cozy
feel and using your available space wisely. A shot of the stone bar. I hate to ask for so much but
this cabin seems just what I am looking for. A superb building for a truely cozy cabin living! 

karnf

From karnf....Sorry for the typo! I mistook you for Chuck but really wanted to contact the
owner of this beautiful cabin Jochen. Please forgive me and I hope you send more full view
pictures of interior and exterior pictures! I think you could win the award for the nicest cabin
on this site.

karnf

Jochen,
What a beautiful stairway. Is it a kit or handmade? It does look like it is handmade.
What type of material did you use for the kitchen countertop? Was hoping you would send
the full interior pics. Please send.

glenn kangiser

Jochen works out of country sometimes, but usually checks in every few months.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

benevolance

never get tired of looking at that staircase.. wonderful stuff that

Jochen

Quote from: glenn kangiser on December 10, 2007, 11:31:05 PM
Jochen works out of country sometimes, but usually checks in every few months.

Sorry that I haven't checked back earlier. But as Glen already said, I'm quite often working overseas. I will try to get some new pictures uploaded soon. I was home in November for my oldest daughters 21st birthday and finally managed to unpack the first 700 books. I'm starting to feel comfortable now in my little home.

Some of you have left comments about the floor tiles. Yes they are beautiful. Handmade in Italy, but I was able to find them locally here in Nova Scotia. But you really have to hunt for such gems.

But Glen, any idea what has happend to the first pages of this topic with all the exterior pictures???

Jochen

glenn kangiser

Here is a link to the first two pages on the first forum.  Second forum is the one that lost it.  I will post a note to John and see if he has a backup to try to fix it.

Nice to hear from you, Jochen.

http://countryplans.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=01;action=display;num=1104351466;start=

This should be the middle section from the Yabb2 forum... (JCR)

http://www.countryplans.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1104351466

Remember to pick up the thread here as the earlier forums are closed to new posting.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

sab

Even with really awful colour quality on my pc those stairs look great!

karnf

Hey Jochen,
Haven't heard from you since Feb08'. Are you still working overseas? I have been on this site since I saw
your cabin which inspired me to continue to view. You by far have the best interior cabin I have seen here
but would really like to see more interior and your exterior pics if possible. Hop all is well and you are enjoying
your new dream cabin.
Thanks,
karen

megan67

hi,your forum is very interesting. I entered here by chnce. You all have nice projects-congratulations [cool]
May I ask you something- I readed everithing in the site about Alaska but how can I conect the people there ??? Can you help me please@